Saturday, October 29, 2011

Unfinished Projects

I am notorious for thinking of a project, starting it, and then abandoning the idea for months. I really need to stop this, because once I finish said project I am so much happier. I decided I wanted to make a wine barrel into a planter box over a year ago. This really doesn't involve too many steps:

1. Buy wine barrel container
2. Find place in yard for said container
3. Buy dirt and plants for planter
4. Actually plant the plants

When wine tasting in July with some friends we came across these half wine barrels for sale. They were less expensive than the "wine barrels" that I had seen at the home improvement shop, so I couldn't pass it up.



I then let it sit there empty for about three months. Why is that? Am I that busy where I can't take the time to go out and buy plants? Definitely not... guess I am a lazy procrastinator at heart. Gotta work on that. Anyways, today was the day to finish my planter box.

We went to the home improvement store and picked up some plants, flowers, and dirt. I don't have much knowledge when it comes to plants, so I generally just choose what looks pretty.




It took about 3 bags of soil to fill this container. Finally I was ready to plant!!




This corner definitely needed some color. And now we need to add some more plants in the ground. And add some bark. Hmm... maybe we'll get around to that in a year or so.





I'm so happy with how it came out!!

1 comment:

  1. I have anything but a green thumb. But, I can admire other's plantings....like the pretty flowers you've got here. :> As for the procrastinating, I'm an expert in that. One of these years, we'll yank our roses and build the raised beds I want instead. Kudos on your color addition to your garden!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! So don't be shy... say hello!