Sunday, October 30, 2011

Where is the baking?

So I realized I started this blog with the intention of sharing my baking recipes, and yet I have only baked once. For some reason writing this blog has motivated me to organize and finish up things around the house that I have started. I feel that this is more important to me right now than baking. Today I started cleaning up my "craft room". It is such a pretty room... painted a terra cotta color with white shelves and a big work table. However, the shelves and table basically have collected clutter, clutter, and more clutter over the past few years. It seemed like if I had something that didn't have a home it would end up in that room. As a result, the desk was covered with catalogs and things that are meant to be hung on the wall. The book shelf was full of not only books, but left over fabrics and flowers from the craft store. I have piles of books that have been waiting to be given away in the corner, along with scrap book paper and sewing boxes and pens. Well, you get the idea.

So today was step one. Throw as much stuff away in that room as I could. Catalogs, boxes, and papers were thrown into the recycle bin. More books were bagged to be given away. As a result, the top of my work table is finally clear and clean!



Of course, the floor is a pretty big mess right now. But you have to start somewhere. And I am determined to get this room organized!!









So, anyways, I will share more baking in the near future. I am making cupcakes for my husbands birthday this weekend.  But right now I plan on getting my house (and I think as a result my life) in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! So don't be shy... say hello!